Long timers in SLC500

czw0

from a best practice point of view, what is the best way to time events over a long period.

I realise that the SLC clock can drift, however 3 or 4 minutes either side is not that much of a concern for this small mod.

Is it good practice to run a 3600s timer, triggering a counter bit for say a 3 hour timer? Is there a better way?

look forward to hearing back

cmw

Similar Topics

Hey guys, I can't find an example of the long-timer instruction. I tried implementing one today and the first word was flipping between two values...
Replies
Views
I have Allen Bradley plcs, I have had Circuit breakers and other automation equipment in the past. There's no solid buyers local. How much do you...
Replies
Views
I have a question. I work in a very large plant and this one (of many hundreds of control cabinets) contains one 5580 (1756-L83E), two 1756-L73...
Replies
Views
Hi to everybody. I need to read the first 12 characters of the message that a barcode reader sends to the ascii card (1734-rs232 ascii) and I...
Replies
Views
Hello all. This is a very lonnnnnnng shot but worth a try. I have an OMS Group Impact100 metering machine. At this customer it blows foam into 3d...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom