Looking for a little help please

ok ive uploaded the automation direct program. I hope it got it copied and zipped ok. its in the main directory ? but its there
Dave

attach.JPG

and you didn't answer the questions about the deadline - or about "doing this on paper" ...

sorry bout that been kinda busy.. well im off next week till dec 5th for deer hunting and i dont expect the machine to be ready when i get back but it should be shortly after that. If i get time here ill work it out on paper and scan and post it too.Actually i will do it but i cant say exactly when.
Dave

Ya I name the deer too:) Ive got a nice 8 point running around that i named after my boss:mad: Actually every deer ive seen has the same name:mad: ...Beats killing my boss i guess:rolleyes: I told the owner of the company once about the 4 point i shot that was named after my old boss... I need the rest. they got me all stressed again and stress = cholesterol= heart attack. I really dont wanna go there again. They said they brought me back several timeso_O I was lucky though ive got a stint they didnt have to open me up. I got 6 weeks off for rehab 20% damage to my heart and a new outlook on life to boot. Im looking out for me.

Hey back on topic i actually have a bit shift left working i think. Im wondering about a reset though? I may upload my work tomorrow afternoon if i get far enuff along . Im kinda embarased not knowing the proper programming for this A/B stuff si i hate to show it and get laughed at. But I will. I gotta learn somehow.
Dave

A bit of AB trivia

n8dc said:
Im new to A/B contollers and im working on a program for a drilling machine... The problem im having is i can move the data but it doesnt seem to stay in the n file? It goes on 0 to 1 then right back off and nothing is retained?
Dave

Generally speaking, A-B output instructions which include an ENable, or other named terminal on the output side of a box instruction operate once when the rung goes true and then must see a rung false-to-true condition to perform again. Think COUNTERS.

Instructions which do not have named output terminals, of which MOV and COP are examples, execute their function on every true rung scan, no transition is needed.

If you are actually using a MOV instruction, be aware that it will 'move' whatever it's supposed to on every program scan that the rung is true. If you want to move something ONCE and only once you need to condition the rung with some oneshot logic.

Ok kids :) im uploading a file called ball valve drilling in . its an a/b file testing my bsl. Please someone look aand tell me if im doing this right.
Dave

I see my table pox which is supposed to help me count the stations will fire everything every 2 cycles and i cant figure out how to get around this.

Last edited: