Looking for example of PID in ControlLogix

lostpatrol1 said:
Hi all,

I'm looking for an example program of a gas PID in controllogix platform. Anyone has one to post?

TIA!

Are you controlling a proportional valve or sending pulses to guide vanes ?

Ian

I am controlling a proportional valve via 4-20mA. As the speed of the machine goes up, I want the valve to open accordingly.

lostpatrol1 said:
I am controlling a proportional valve via 4-20mA. As the speed of the machine goes up, I want the valve to open accordingly.

As Rdast states, sounds more like a linear relationship.
Use your machine speed * K Factor = 4-20ma position.
Scale your analog output to 4ma = 0 , 20ma= Max Machine speed

You may need to play with K factors, best to start with 1 and increase or decrease for the desired result.

Ian

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Good Morning , I am replacing a Allen Bradley 1336 Impact drive with a PowerFlex 755. The 1336 had a 1336-L6E /L9E w/ Encoder board in it ...
Replies
Views
i'm trying to program a 64 bit step, 64 bit sequencer. I'm thinking there has to be an easy way to map outputs to words and those words as...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm using the FactoryTalk View SE PlanPAX Add-ons/faceplate package, and I'm trying to get my head around the program/operator modes. The...
Replies
Views
I have no experience with siemens s7 314 c 2dp like to have a small example program for comunication (profibus) with a invertor mitsubishi A500
Replies
Views
Hi , Where i can find Mitsubishi PLC Card end of line & replacement model details. i am looking for Q02CPU replacement model. Please advice. thanks
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom