Special Requirements:
6X, RTD temperature
2X, analog IN
2X, analog OUT
Optional:
2X, 4-20 ma loop IN
2X, 4-20 ma loop OUT
Analog Isolation

Take your pick! I can't think of a vendor that dosen't have a platform capable of handling what you are requesting. Once you narrow to a specific vendor, price range, software package, etc someone can help you pick the appropriate processor family to suit your needs.

In regards to the Analog isolation, nearly everyone offers this. If you want more than that vendor has, Automation Direct and Phoenix Contact have opto-isolation modules that come in quite handy on ocassion.

Have a look at the Omron CJ1. No backplane and a range of processors from inexpensive to top end. Very small, about the size of a cigarette packet.
Interestingly, the low end processors have the same massive function set as the high end. Only the number of I/O are restricted in the low end and the processors are not as fast.
beerchug

looking at FA-2J from Idec Izumi Corp

Thank you for you responses!!
I was looking at FA-2J from Idec Izumi Corp.
Any comments from experience users????