looking to hire a PLC programer

diat150 is correct about this area. That is why my company brought me from Ga. I'm not sure why more controls engineers are not here but I'm finding out quickly that I'm kind of alone in this part of the country

diat150 is correct about this area. That is why my company brought me from Ga. I'm not sure why more controls engineers are not here but I'm finding out quickly that I'm kind of alone in this part of the country

I think the ones that are currently in the job market are well paid so they dont want to leave.

then the schools in this area dont seem to put out many people...

which may have to do with less people wanting to do this type of work, or any work at all.

its weird because money is great, and for the most part you arent getting dirty or doing much physical work.

I dont know, I think most of it is a lack of knowing what jobs are out there.

either way, its good for me. guarantees I will have a job in this area!

my pay currently is for the birds! so anything would be better than what im making now!

We really need to work on your negotiation skills :ROFLMAO:

Let's change that last sentence to...

"I really enjoy where I'm working now and have increased their efficiency and profit by a very large amount. I'm now really eager to seek out and excel in the next challenge, for the right remuneration of course."

:)

Oil and gas is up our street too, mainly in the Alberta Oilsands area.

But I think you need advice on how to use an agency to attract the right people and maybe whether you sub out work will be a corporate decision of your company.

No offence meant to anyone on here but don't think its right for people to offer company services on this forum.

Last edited:
I Work for a company called Exile Automation. We are located in Calgary, AB Canada. We would definitely consider contracting our services out. Our PLC programming / design rate is $90/hr. We have multiple techs with 5+years of OIl & Gas experience, many many different PLC / HMI / RTU platforms. We deal with Electrical design, PLC programming, Commissioning and start-up assistance. We have done a few jobs in the states and have no issue in the past. You can check our website www.exileautomation.com or [email protected]

Regards,

Kyle

thanks uptoen47...I get all worked up when it comes to moving out of my current state.....people on the east are typically so ignorant. ignorant in both forms of the word (mean and dumb)...

....looking over some of these comments about the field that im in looks like i fell into the right line of work......it was accidental, i went to vocational highschool and i wanted to go for computers.....mother boards and circuitry and such, so i took the cource that was called computerized electrical technology.....seemed from the discription up my ally.....when i got there they introduced me to a wireing cabinet and motor starters plc's pneumatics hydraulics .....i had no idea what was going on but turned out i had a pretty good nack for it.....so being only 26 and alrady with a programming and controls job i guess the future is looking better everyday??