Lookout SCADA registration

ettikudiappan

Hi

I am new to Lookout and have an application that needs to be moved from one PC to another. I have used InTouch and RSView, where we get a license disk from which we can move the license. But for Lookout, there seems to be no such disk. How can I transfer registration from one PC to another? Is just the user name and key enough (I have both with me)?

Lookout

Greetings.

In my version of Lookout, (4.0), there is no "dongle", "master disk key", etc. I believe its just the "honor system" (and the CD serial number, of course).

Also, Lookout licensing is purchased by the project tag max count (100 I/O, 500 I/O, etc.), so the CD key determines what tag count is available in the system.
Hope this helps.
tj

Thanks for your replies. There is no hardware key for Lookout. It is just a serial number and a 12 digit keycode. Please see the attached file for the procedure to register. If you need to register a new I/O count, go to Options»System»Change Registration Info

I found that unlike Rockwell softwares, you can not use the serial number of a lower version on a higher version of Lookout.

registration.jpg

That is weird, I ran into the same problem today. I have the serial number, but not the keycode.

It came up near the end of the day, so I didn't come up with anything.
(I was also having problems getting setup to run at all on my XP machine)

I was going to call NI if I can't figure it out tomorrow.
I will let you know what I come up with.
I hope you will do likewise.

Last edited: