Loss of Comms to PC (RSLogix-500)

Kleinstick

This problem seems to be limited to just the PC running RSLinx/Logix 500, but it is causing me a bit of a headache.

We run a process overnight that has been having some issues. In an attempt to nail the problem down we want to trend some of the things going on. Simple right? Not so much when RS-Logix loses communication sometime during the night and the trends record stright lines until somebody clicks "retry"

The comms get a bit confusing,
SLC 5/04 on DH+ into a DH+ Control Logix card (1756-DHRIO), across the backplane into a Control Logix Ethernet card (1756-ENBT), to a network switch and finally into the computer.

So, is there any way I can stabilize this network for the PC (production seems to be OK with all of this), or at the very least,,,, get a program to click Retry for me when the whole PC goes offline?

thanks.

If it's an option I would look at communicating directly with the processor, just temporarily... I'm guessing since you're here that it's not?