M340 memory area differences

Bools in UDTs are stored as bytes.

In your program just use it as it is. UvalvoleDigitali[0].bConsensoAuto is all you need.

UDT bools are not Modbus friendly. I just put filler in my UDTs between each writeable bool and set the %MW to either 1 or 0. The read-only bools can be addressed by bits 0 and 8 within the %MW.

If you are not accessing this UDT from an external Modbus client there is no need to assign an address to it.

Actually I only need 3 integer for modbus client, I thought to be faster to assign directly the address at the UDT array but in this case a lot of %MW are used without any real need.
I've bypass it and created dedicated tag for modbus and then write the udt tag with it inside the logic.

Anyway thanks for your precious support

Similar Topics

Why are these things anywhere from $150 - 250? A unix bit by bit copy of the card doesn't work. Anyone smart enough to reverse engineer the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i have another question about Modicon/Schneider PLC M340. I have a lot of motor configuration variables (with no particular address...
Replies
Views
I need to backup some %MWi varibales in an M340 program without stopping the PLC. Any ideas? Also what is the Save Variable attribute used for...
Replies
Views
Please help! The memory card was formatted by windows, PLC indicates "card err", how to restore it? Somebody has an image of a card?
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, i was hoping for a little help with this module. i have data that needs to be read from a different plc through the Modbus plus...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom