Mac 40 hmi

Been ask to modifiy a system which has a MAC 40 HMI connected to a FX4X PLC. No copies of software are available apart form whats on the Machine. I'm assuming I can get the PLC software from the Mitsibishi via SC09 and Gxdeveloper. Not used the MAC seties HMI's though. Is it posible to upload from the unit to get a copy of the software. Can software then be modified or is it only for use for donwloading to unit. I've used the E series HMI before but not the MAC. I have a copy of E-designer 6.1 but for HMI type there is no MAC option just the E's.
SO if the above is possible.

For the HMI
What software would I need. What cable would I need.

Here is a manual that i found on my PC.
I must confess to having never used one of these units but the manual describes setup from the onboard keyboard.
Hopefully this is of some help.

I have a version of MAC programmer from 1997, of course it would break the license agreement if I were to email you a copy, so I would never do that, even if you PMd me an email address. It originally came on Floppy Disks but years back I backed them up to an HD. I have experimented and it will run on a virtual XP installation I use though I don't know if it would download/upload to an HMI.

Its actually a MAC 50 not 40.

So where can I get a copy of MAC programmer+ and what is the cable I need to upload the software off the HMI so I can see the code. Can I use the RS232 for programming i.e. upload/download with standard RS232 cable.

If you have a Mac50 and your modifications are fairly minor you can actually edit the programme using the keypad on the Mac without any software or a PC. You will need a manual though.

Didn't need to edit the HMI program in the end did it all from the PLC end.
I did get a copy of MAC Programmer + and tried to upload a copy using the rs232 port but couldn't get it to work.
Also couldn't get transparent coms through to the PLC to go online and program the PLC using GX Developer via the RS232.

Last edited:
The port on a MAC40 is RS422, so a SC06N cable is required. If its got a 232 port its probably a MAC50. Glad you worked around it, amazing how resourceful engineers can be problem arises.