" Main Routine" in RS500

debeuu2

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,
Need Help. I've added a new program to my code, but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to designate one of my subroutines as the Main Routine. I've already created all my JSRs in a subroutine, and would like to simply designate it as the " Main ". Any suggestions?

Program 2 is always the primary program. If you wish to concentrate on another then leave program 2 empty except for a JSR to the routine you wish to use primarily.

Thanks Bernie,
But, I can't get the 2nd program designated as the primary program. For example, in my new program tree, I have 1st-- program tags, then-- my first routine. When I go to the program properties page---configuration, it will not allow me to select a routine as main.

In a SLC 500 (RSL500), only file 2 is the main routine.
There is no way change it.
Copy all your JSR's over to file 2 and you are done.

Thanks Bernie and Mike,
So directly under my program tree, I have Program Tags, then my first routine. If I understand you correctly, my first routine ( second in the tree ) is my main routine, True or False.

Excuse me guys, Im using RS5000, I mistakenly punched in 500 in the subject box.
Sorry,
Does that make a difference?

Hello All,
Need Help. I've added a new program to my code, but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to designate one of my subroutines as the Main Routine. I've already created all my JSRs in a subroutine, and would like to simply designate it as the " Main ". Any suggestions?

RS500... RS5000... Regardless, why would you refuse to employ the built in Main Routine and insist upon creating one that is separate and different? What do you expect to gain by doing this?

Bit Bucket,
I did not choose to forgo the builtin Main Routine. When I added a new program to the Main Task tree, it did not automatically give me a Main Routine. Thus, I'm trying to figure how to install a Main Routine in the program.

Hey All,
I figured it out. I had a JSR in the main routine---referencing the main routine, thus 5000 would not allow me to set program 2 as the main routine. I deleted the JSR and waa laa.

Thanks for all of your help.