Making a list of all plc's in the plant

jtashaffer

What do you use for making a list of all the plc's in your plants. I am using excel. I have made a list of the equipment name, processor name, if it is networked, the IP addresses, HMI's and there IP addresses. How do you go about doing it and what program or software do you uses.

Excel. I Also Include License # and Product Key Code. It comes in handy when something crashes and you can't find the little red envelope. We run programming software on our HMI's no need for Laptop. But I would include License Files for those also, if needed.

Excel...
To get IP addresses formatted
192.168.1.1 >>> 192.168.001.001
2.3.4.5 >>> 002.003.004.005

I use formula:
"=TEXT(LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1),"000")&"."&TEXT(MID(A1,FIND(".",A1)+1,FIND(".",A1,FIND(".",A1)+1)-FIND(".",A1)-1),"000")&"."&TEXT(MID(A1,FIND(".",A1,FIND(".",A1)+1)+1,FIND(".",A1,FIND(".",A1,FIND(".",A1)+1)+1)-FIND(".",A1,FIND(".",A1)+1)-1),"000")&"."&TEXT(MID(A1,FIND(".",A1,FIND(".",A1,FIND(".",A1)+1)+1)+1,3),"000")"

I'm sure there are easier ways, but this worked for me.

Be careful on entering sections of the IP address with leading zeroes. In some cases it forces the interpretation of that section to octal if possible.

I use Microsoft OneNote as I can add files, links, manuals, videos, audio notes etc. and it is searchable and can be password protected and encrypted and can be manger and shared with other members of the team.

Could you borrow me the archive? because i want to expose in my work, we need to have a order in the corporation that i work