making a new filename.rsv

George Graziano

Lifetime Supporting Member
I made changes on a display screen. I tested it on the server that has RSView32 Works on it. My question now is, I can't seem to find how to save a new filename.rsv. Which I can then copy to the clients.
Thanks
George

If it is just one screen can't you save the new screen and replace the old current one in the project?

Hope this helps

Bob,

It was 4 screens. That is the problem, how do I create a new project(filename.rsv)? I don't see any menu item. Or, is that a separate program that does that?

Thanks
George

Any reason not to replace just the four screens instead of creating new project? This assume that you didn't add new tags.

That is what I thought I would do. But, on the clients, it doesn't appear to "Hold" the graphic files. When I start the clients up, I just start a single filename.rsv file up. I did a search for filename.gfx and it didn't find any.
Thanks
George

Is the customer computer running a stand alone .rsv or is the application on a server and the is customer using RSView32 RAD [Remote Active Display]to use the application?

Under RSVIEW 32 tools is a utility called "TRANSPORT". This gives you the option of saving a project using a different filename. Check under Start, All Programs, Rockwell Software, Rsview 32 Tools or something similar that gets you to the Rockwell software installed on your computer. Hope this helps

The client can't run on its own. It takes data from the server. Actually 2 servers and 3 clients. The 2nd server only kicks in if the 1st one stops responding. Only server 1 has the editor software. Does that answer your question?

George

Make your changes and save them on the server.
It has been a while since I worked with RSView32 but I think you then have to either reboot the client or the server for the clients to get the new screens.

Hope this helps

Great, I will try this in the morning. We are powering everything down to move the server back.
Thanks
George