making an output toggle at different speeds!!

ryand

Hey Guys,

How do you make an output toggle at different speeds. I want a light to blink slowly and then speed when a different condition exists? Thanks for the help!!!

What PLC?

In SLC, they have status bits from the clock you can use to do this. In the Logix platform, you can use a GSV to get the clock value to do the same thing.

Where are you in the NW?

More of what dmroeder has stated....

Just about every PLC has 'special bits' these bits are preconfigured in the CPU, automation direct (Koyo) has SP bits, SP4 and SP5 for example are bits that turn on and off at SP4 true and false every second, SP5 100Millisecs

Allen Bradley has S2:4/4 and S2:4/5, Mitsubishi has SM412 and SM410, S7 200's SM0.5 etc...

In AB double click the Processor Status file in the program tree (left side of your screen) once the window pops open change the view to binary (lower right side) scroll down to S4 these are you running time values that you can choose

untitled111.JPG

I don't think the ML1000 has the free running clock bits. You will have to build your own flasher bits in ladder.

I threw together one way of doing it, there are many others.

Last edited:
Hi Ken,

I use it all the time....

But along the same line as you "there are many others" here is another way.

rhsfhsofj.JPG

I want a light to blink slowly and then speed when a different condition exists?
MicroLogix 1000 Analog!!
If you want a light blink rate that is proportional to an analog value, take a look at this version for a MicroLogix 1000 Analog.

EDIT: This program may cause overflow error, or give wrong results. Let me come up with another way to do the math. I will be back later.

Last edited:
After looking up actual values of the MicroLogixc 1000 Analog Inputs, I see that they are 6241 to 31207, so I revised it yet again for those numbers.