Maximum number of tags in Protool

Werner

Does anybody know what the maximum number of tags for protool is. (V 6.0 SP2). What other problems might occur with large projects? (Communication over MPI, memory?, refresh time?)

Thanks!

Theoretically the limit is 2048, but in practice you can go well over that and everthing works fine, except that yuo get a nag screen every 5 minutes or so. I've been up over 2800 without any problems.

Somebody commented in another Thread that there was once a licence for 8096 Tags in an old Siemens price list, so that would suggest that there should be no inbuilt S/W problems if you do need to exceed 2048.

Just a question of whether your customer can live with the nag screen in that case.

Thanks for the info!

RMA said:
Just a question of whether your customer can live with the nag screen in that case.

Why? When in runtime you still get the nag screens? Or are the nag screens only visible during programming?