Maybe you guys can help me

DSaulnier

My name is Dan and I am new to this site. However, my first question is not actually PLC related, instead it is related to an arc flash study I am conducting. I already have ran calculations on all of the fused panels I am supposed to, however the panels with circuit breakers in them confuse me. The trip curves for the breakers contain a "Trip Curve" and an "Interrupting Curve" which of these am I supposed to use in accordance with the trip curve calculations? (Predicted 3phase arcing current) Any help you guys could provide would be MUCH appreciated, Thanks!

Dan

According to the course book I used when attending a 3 day NFPA 70E training class: "The rating that defines the capacity of the protective device to maintain its integrity when reacting to fault currents is termed its interrupting rating". From this I would use the Interupting Curve in my calculations.