MELSECNET and CC-Link issue

newguy937

I currently am working on a project that involves adding CC-Link to an existing system that uses MELSECNET/H coax network.

I have a small scale mockup on my desk trying to make sure that there are no issues.

The setup on my desk consists of a main rack with a Q03UDECPU and a QJ71BR11 MELSEC module in slot 0.

The remote rack is also on my desk and it consists of a QJ72BR15 in the CPU slot, a QY10 output card in slot 0 and a QJ61BT11N CC-Link card in slot 3. At the other end of the CC-Link cable is a AJ65BTB1-16TE.

I have things to the point that I can force bits on the main plc and can see the output on the QY10 react, so I have at least some parts of MELSEC working correctly.

I can also force bits on the remote rack through a serial connection to the QJ72 and see outputs react on the AJ65 output block, so I have parts of CC-Link working as well.

What I am having trouble with is I can not figure out how to configure it so I can force bits on the Main PLC and see the AJ65 block react.

I am sure there is other information I need to provide, so let me know what you may need to know and I will dig it up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I currently am working on a project that involves adding CC-Link to an existing system that uses MELSECNET/H coax network.

I have a small scale mockup on my desk trying to make sure that there are no issues.

The setup on my desk consists of a main rack with a Q03UDECPU and a QJ71BR11 MELSEC module in slot 0.

The remote rack is also on my desk and it consists of a QJ72BR15 in the CPU slot, a QY10 output card in slot 0 and a QJ61BT11N CC-Link card in slot 3. At the other end of the CC-Link cable is a AJ65BTB1-16TE.

I have things to the point that I can force bits on the main plc and can see the output on the QY10 react, so I have at least some parts of MELSEC working correctly.

I can also force bits on the remote rack through a serial connection to the QJ72 and see outputs react on the AJ65 output block, so I have parts of CC-Link working as well.

What I am having trouble with is I can not figure out how to configure it so I can force bits on the Main PLC and see the AJ65 block react.

I am sure there is other information I need to provide, so let me know what you may need to know and I will dig it up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

What software are you using?

GX Works2 has CC-Link diagnostics built in to it. Also in the project tree under parameters, network parameters, cc-link, what are your head device settings? Can you post a screenshot of the network parameter screen?

Dave

I am indeed using GX Works2.
The screen shot is of the CC-Link network parameters that I have set on the QJ72.

Am I correct in assuming that I should not have any definitions for the CC-Link on the Main PLC?

Also when I look at the CC-Link Diagnostics screen while connected to the QJ72 it appears normal.

1wx9j.jpg

I am sorry, I am unfamiliar with the QJ71BR11 and QJ72BR15 modules. I am assuming they are communication modules and there is only 1 CPU on board here.

I will have to do some research on the modules before I can help. I won't be able to do that until later this evening but maybe there is someone else here that can help.....

Correct they are communication modules. QJ71 being a master module for MELSECNET and QJ72 taking place of the CPU on a remote rack.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

As a side note I have reached out to Mitsubishi's Technical support and emailed them everything I have going on and have yet to hear back from them. The gentleman that I spoke with was not sure he could help over the phone or email alone.

Last edited:
I believe I have solved my own problems.

So far I have everything working decently well with bit data and word data.

It ended up being a bad setting in the Network Range Assignment area of the MELSECNET Master unit on the Main rack, I was not moving the right bits in the right spots.

I believe I have solved my own problems.

So far I have everything working decently well with bit data and word data.

It ended up being a bad setting in the Network Range Assignment area of the MELSECNET Master unit on the Main rack, I was not moving the right bits in the right spots.

That will do it, sorry I wasn't more help. Glad you got things resolved.

Regards,
Dave

As am I.

I have been beating my head on my keyboard for almost two days trying to figure that out.o_O

This is my first experience with MELSECNET and only my second experience with CC-Link so I really got thrown under the bus with this one.

I figured it out though. Now to start adding the rest of the features. :unsure:

Thank you again for your willingness to help. I appreciate it.