Merging 2 FactoryTalk Directories (Network Distributed)

4ss4ssinUK

I currently have a project to merge a Network Distributed Application into an Existing Factory Talk Directory.
Setup as Follows
Factory Talk Directory (Network) stored on SERVER1 HMI1 Running on SERVER1
SERVER1 is on the domain.
FactoryTalk Directory (Network) stored on SERVER2 HMI2 Running on SERVER2
SERVER2 was standalone but has now joined the domain and HMI2 is operational.

I want to join SERVER2 and HMI2 to the directory running on SERVER1 as currently i have a separate FactoryTalk Directory for each HMI.

The documentation whilst good for most scenarios doesnt seem to cover the eventuality i added SERVER2 to the FTD on SERVER1 and it lost the ability to run HMI2 as it doesnt exist in the NETWORK directory on SERVER1.

does anyone have any prior experience of this kind of consolidation. The aim for me is to run the 2 HMI on a thin client from 1 Remote Desktop Session however to get that part working i need both HMI servers operational in 1 Network FactoryTalk Directory.

I have on Server 2 the following components
Area
OPC Server
HMI
Rockwell Logix
and some Alarms
does anyone have a simple method for achieving my aim.
TIA
Frustrated User

Export EVERYTHING from the standalone (Tags, Graphics, Macros, Connections), then import it into the one you want to use for the directory server.

Then spend a lot of time fixing things up.