Merging DLG files

springa

Hi Experts,

I have a small issue I can't find a solution to.

I am trying to copy the log data from a backup of a FTView V11 machine that failed.

The new machine is up and running with no issues except, that I cant seem to get all the old log data to display in FTView. I think I need some way of merging the <datalogmodle>.DLG files. If a use the old DLG file I can see all the old logs but not the new data, and if I use the new DLG the reverse is true.

Is it possible to merge DLG files?

Cheers,

Springa

I would think that you could take the files form the backup and simply copy them to the new machine. I think the default was to create a new log file every day. Copy those daily files into the same folder as the "new" files. I would expect that to work. Don't copy the entire folder. This is assuming the model configuration is identical to the original.

OG

Were you ever able to merge your datalogs? I'm running into the same issue. Looks like all the existing filenames are saved in the DLG file. But I'm not sure if I can open the DLG file with something and edit in the new file names using a hex editor or not, as the first 43 Bytes have different information in them when compared in a hex editor.

Each new filename looks to be preceded with FF FE FF

The end of the files are identical for 0x3D02 Bytes as well.