Messaging Controllogix-Compactlogix... HELP!

JLGARFER

I need help with an issue. I need to send some Messages from a Controllogix L55 to Compactlogix L23e thru Ethernet/IP... so i have an error comunication, and i dont know who fix that.
I have in the Comunication Path: Ethernet_BF,2,202.168.1.74... maybe the Path is wrong... im using CIP Data Table Read.
Attached pictures of the configuration of the message
Does anybody can help me in this issue, please?

MSG Error_Comm.jpg MSG Error_Config.jpg

I need help with an issue. I need to send some Messages from a Controllogix L55 to Compactlogix L23e thru Ethernet/IP... so i have an error comunication, and i dont know who fix that.
I have in the Comunication Path: Ethernet_BF,2,202.168.1.74... maybe the Path is wrong... im using CIP Data Table Read.
Attached pictures of the configuration of the message
Does anybody can help me in this issue, please?

Send and Read ? conflict !

Which controller has the data you need ?

Which controller is doing the messaging ? (I prefer data to be read, not written)

The comm path needs another "hop" if the message is in the CompactLogix - and I'm pretty sure it needs another "hop" if it's in the ControlLogix

Last edited:
daba is right; the CIP Path needs an additional "Hop" to the CompactLogix.

Even though the Ethernet port is physically located on the CPU module for the CompactLogix controllers, they still use a CIP Backplane object so they are consistent with the modular ControlLogix controllers. All CompactLogix CPUs are considered to be in Slot 0 of the backplane.

Remember that in CIP Paths, "2" is the Network port and "1" is the Backplane.

The necessary CIP Path for this message is "Ethernet_BF, 2, 202.168.1.74, 1, 0"

yes daba both of them conflicts, the Compactlogix has the data that i want to read, and Controllogix is doing the messaging... thanks daba!

thank you very much Ken Roach! i will modify the Path as you told me so...

thanks a lot guys!!!

HI,JLGARFER,I see the error code is Unconnected message timeout.
if you feel the Path is wrong,you may via click the browse,then selector the 1769-L23E,and not fill in Ethernet ip address.