Mettler IND570

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Received the following by PM, and posting it here to help others.

Came across some threads on here where you were active in with questions regarding Mettler's IND570 and integration into a Compactlogix controller.

Wanted to run something by you, attached are some screenshots of what I'm seeing.

Sample code from MT's website seemed to be in V20 of Studio 5000, I'm working in V32 currently. I had to email MT to get their AOP because I could not find it on their website. Once I received the AOP and added the device in V32 of Studio 5000 the controller tags available to me seem to differ from that of their own sample code, which again seemed to be in V20.

Specifically the .ConnectionFaulted tag that seeme to be present in most, if not all, other manufacturers tags when an AOP is involved within Studio 5000. The tag is there in V20 and their sample code, but not there with the AOP that I was sent.

Also, with these indicators if I am just looking to get the current weight value from the scale that now seems to be a controller tag from the AOP, so do I NOT need to send values TO the indicator in order to get the scales current value back anymore? Again their sample code, as well as their PLC interface manual, seems to show a different way of doing thing then what their new AOP has.

V20_AOP_1.JPG V20_AOP_2.JPG V32_AOP_1.JPG V32_AOP_2.JPG V32_AOP_3.JPG

I haven't used the IND570 in quite a while, but I am frequently using their IND131, IND331, IND360 and ACT350 transmitters.

What I've seen over the last little while is that they are trying to migrate all of their devices over to the Standard Automation Interface (SAI) whereby all of their weight transmitters will operate the same way, so you can re-use code no matter which type of WTX you're using. It seems to be working well - I write my own Add-On Instructions for the Mettler Toledo weight transmitters and my AOI's for the models mentioned above are now all identical except for the data types it's expecting me to pass in for the input and output data structure.

It doesn't look like they've quite gotten the IND570 integrated into the SAI ecosystem yet, but I suspect that's what's leading the changes. You can read more about SAI and see how it interfaces to some of the various indicators that are included here.

Unfortunately, the ConnectionFaulted bit seems to have been a casualty of the standardization push, but the data structure does contain a heartbeat so it's relatively easy to build a connection check into the logic.

Also, for what it's worth, the IND570 AOP's are available for download on the MT website here.

Also, with these indicators if I am just looking to get the current weight value from the scale that now seems to be a controller tag from the AOP, so do I NOT need to send values TO the indicator in order to get the scales current value back anymore? Again their sample code, as well as their PLC interface manual, seems to show a different way of doing thing then what their new AOP has.

Regarding this question specifically, I can't comment because again I haven't used this model for a while now. That said, my advice would probably be to continue reading the weight by sending the various commands, because I expect that the IND570 will eventually be rolled into the SAI structure, and that's how it's done there.

Regarding this question specifically, I can't comment because again I haven't used this model for a while now. That said, my advice would probably be to continue reading the weight by sending the various commands, because I expect that the IND570 will eventually be rolled into the SAI structure, and that's how it's done there.

Thank you for this information. I am familiar with their ACT350, however this is my first exposure to the IND570. I will follow the MT sample code layout and see how that goes for me.

edit: The .eds file was what I could not find on their website, i misspoke when I said it was the AOP.

Last edited: