MEWTOCOL-COM problems

bha

Hello,

I have a FPOR-32CT that I am trying to communicate with via the MEWTOCOL-COM protocol. The documentation I have states
"The PLC answers automatically to commands received from the computer, so no program is necessary on the PLC side in order to carry out communication." I have used three different applications on the PC side now to try and communicate with the PLC sending the following command - %01#WCSY000612E - but I don't see the Y6 LED illuminate. I imagine now that there is more to do than what the statement I have quoted led me to believe. I am not able to purchase OPC - server so if anyone can give me an idea of what else I may need to be doing for this simple command I would appreciate it!

Hello,

PeakHMI has: Mewtocol-COM (Panasonic/Matsushita/Aromat/NAIS)

You can try the demo and then at least you know the PLC is answering.

Thank you Mark! I will download and try the demo tomorrow morning. I will be proceeding to investigate this issue for now believing that the PLC does respond, as for other programs I've used it for work just fine. This is just my first attempt at communicating via the serial port. I want to eventually use C# to issue commands.

Hi Mark! I loved the PeakHMI tools! It appears that I do have a communication problem as I never got a successful read, Watchdog timeout only. I wonder if the cable that I use to program the PLC can not be used during normal operating conditions?

Ok, total rookie mistake on my part. I have the communication working between the PLC and my C# app now. Again, thanks Mark!