micologix 1200 fault

simon_H

Good evening gents ,

I've a micrologix1200 which suddenly faulted , I almost checked all threads here and tried all suggestions , the fault led are steady red , and I can't connect rslinx to my micrologix , I tried to press the dcom button but no response and the fault is still there ,is there any other way to clear the fault externally without the software ? or how can I regain the communication with the plc again.. your help is greatly appreciated ...thank you for your time and help .I'm awaiting your suggestions

Simon

If the Power and Fault LEDs are on solid red, and they come back solid red after a power cycle, then the controller is faulty and must be replaced.

If it were my controller, I would remove all the I/O wiring and just apply a known-good power source to make sure there isn't a short circuit or power problem.

Thank you very much for this super fast response , I do really appreciate it . And I've already done so before ,but still the same.