micro 1400 major fault clear

Jeff23spl

Hello

Is their any way by the local plc button (Micro1400) to clear a plc fault without going online with a laptop?

A foreign customer would like to get back online before i can go there to find the cause and fix it...

You can view the fault code via the LCD on the MicroLogix 1400, in the "Advanced Set" menu. This is described on page 153 of the User Manual.

I don't think there is a way to directly clear a fault condition on the MicroLogix 1400 using the keypad and LCD.

After he has noted the Fault Code, have him try switching the controller into PROG mode, then back to RUN mode, using the LCD and keypad. This frequently clears recoverable faults in SLC controllers but I'm not totally sure about the MicroLogix 1400.

If the fault is a programmatic one like overflow of an indirect address or a negative number in a preset that doesn't allow it, and the condition is not reset by initialization logic, there may be no way to reset it except by loading a new program.

If it were my system I would attack it with two EEPROM modules: buy or borrow another MicroLogix 1400 and load the program the machine should have, then send both modules. Have the end customer copy his running program into the empty module, then install the known-good-program module, then send you back the one with the faulted program. Two EPPROMs and two overnight DHL packets have to cost less than an air ticket.

Rohit, The mode switch will work if it is a major fault as well. It would need to be a transitory fault like a divide by zero, otherwise the fault will return instantly.