Micro 1400 upload error

rankhornjp

Error: "Program in processor has changed causing offline state. Do you want to upload?"

RSLogix500 V8.10
Micrologix 1400

Customer wants to add an I/O card to their PLC. They don't have a copy of the program. I can see the PLC in RSLinx and can upload from it. However, once I upload, I get the above error. Then it just loops over and over; upload, error, "Do you want to upload?", yes, upload, error.....

Any idea how to fix this?

To answer usual question I found while researching this:
Yes I'm trying to UPLOAD. i need to get the project from the PLC to the PC.
No, I don't make any edits to the program prior to going online

Last edited:
Seems I remember there may have been a bug or compatibility issues with certain versions of RSLogix 500 working with certain versions of Micrologix.
Maybe someone with more patience for the Rockwell Knowledgebase can dig deeper.

Can you try a newer version of RSLogix?

So I googled the first three lines of your first post and found a link to Answer ID 5970. It requires Techconnect access. But it says you need version 8.30 or newer to connect to a Micrologix 1400 series B.