micro logix 1200/rslynx, not connecting

darrentpi

I am getting really frustrated, I cant seem to get my computer to connect to the 1200 micrologix.
I have my computer connected to the processor with the correct cable, and I went into rslynx, and selected new driver df1rs232, and selected new driver. Then I clicked on auto configure, and it says auto configure sucessfull. Now when I try to go online to upload, I get this message stating NO RESPONSE FROM PROSSESOR AT SELECTED PATH NODE CURRENT DRIVER AB_PIC-2 MAY NOT BE RUNNING.
I have checked to see if it is running, and it says it is. Although I configured in the dialog box DF1-pic1, and it is telling me DF1-PIC2, I don't understand!
It says node found!
Help would be great thanks
Darren

The rss file you have loaded when you try to go online is looking for a PIC driver. Apparently thats what it was previously saved with as being the driver to use.

Try this: From RSlogix, from the pull down menu COMMS, choose WHO ACTIVE GO ONLINE. From the RSWho dialog, pick your driver and then find your processor. Hit OK and the program will begin to look for the RSS file that matches the processor name. Saving it later will establish this driver as the default.

Yes that worked, now when I tried to download my new test program, it tells my path failed again, so I guess I was almost there, but it just doesnt want to comunicate with my driver I selected.
Any suggestions, should I re create a tes project, and try it again. I just want to simply download a start stop circuit.
Thanks,
Darren

Ok try this: with the new application you are writing go the the same pull down but select SYSTEM COMMS. Choose your drive and the processor you want to use and press OK or download. That should associate it with that processor in the future.

darrentpi said:
I have my computer connected to the processor with the correct cable, and I went into rslynx, and selected new driver df1rs232, and selected new driver. Then I clicked on auto configure, and it says auto configure sucessfull. Now when I try to go online to upload, I get this message stating NO RESPONSE FROM PROSSESOR AT SELECTED PATH NODE CURRENT DRIVER AB_PIC-2 MAY NOT BE RUNNING.
Darren

You auto-configured your DF1 RS-232 driver successufully, and RSLogix is telling you that "Processor at selected path node current driver AB_PIC-2 may not be running." It sounds like the comms path in the RSLogix file was set for DH-485 using the PIC driver, and you are trying to connect with DF1 driver. If this is an existing application and not a new one, the comm port is probably already configured for DH-485 (hence RSLogix looking for the AB_PIC driver). If this is the case, stop/delete the DF1 driver and configure a PIC driver, then use you existing cable. If it is a new PLC and a new program, you need to change the selected driver in your RSLogix program to DF-1 from DH-485/PIC.

Last edited:
I can't seem to connect to a micrologix 1200. I'm using rslogix 500 rev. 6.3 cable is 1761-cbl-pm02 ser C. When I go to rslinx lite and do a whos active I can't find the 1200. I did an auto config on the driver and that timed-out. When all else fails read the manual. Did some of that, from what I can tell my rs 500 is compatible rev. Cable is capatible. I then toggled the communication button located on the 1200 to (dcomm) Retry rs who. No luck. Did an auto config again this time was successful. Try to do a rs who again still can't see the micrologix. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks

Stop/Delete your DF1 driver, then shut down RSLinx. In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon directory. Find the Harmony.rsh and Harmony.hrc files and delete them. Reboot your PC, then restart RSLinx and Autoconfigure the DF1 driver again. See if this helps.

Thank-you MGVOL that worked.
Now for more questions why did I need to do that?
Next time I hook-up to a micrologix 1000 should I make a different driver for the 1000's?

Thanks again

No, you should only have to connect and auto-configure. I had you delete the harmony files because they sometimes get corrupted and you can occasionally clear up weird RSLinx behavior by deleting them.

darrentpi,

Try what jstolaruk suggested again, but this time when the communications pop-up window opens, check the Apply to Project box in the lower-right corner of the window. Then select Go Online.

No Response From The Processor At Selected Path/node

Hi,

I am trying to connect my pc to micrologix 1500 and can not come online as i am getting error message (no response from the processor at selected path/node)and target node is not an SLC 500 or micrologix controller. I downloaded many times before with cable (1761-cbl-pm02) so cable is right. During auto configuration, it shows me auto configuration intilisation and then times out. Could someone can pull me out from this problem.
Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestion.

Dhillon

If RSLinx times out during DF1 driver Autoconfigure, the most likely cause is that the comm port on the MicroLogix you are attempting to connect to has been configured for DH-485. Delete your DF1 driver and configure a 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver. This driver does not have an autoconfigure feature, so leave all the defaults as you find them (unless you are not using COM1 on your pc; if not, change this setting to the appropriate com port). Check the "Reserve comm port for exclusive use by this driver" box and click OK. Do an RSWho and see if the ML shows up.

The last time I saw this, I had a new Micrologix 1200 I was commissioning that had the latest firmware, but I had an older version of RSLogix. Logix would not recognize the PLC as one of it's own.

Solution - shelled out big bucks for the latest RSLogix. I was incensed - it was this incident that soured me on AB controllers and made me a Unitronics man. Free software.

Now, I have learned since then that you can download older OS for these controllers from the AB website, and install this and get going again. I'm sorry I can't say where or how - like I said, I walked away from them over it.

Good luck...

TM

Hi TM
The problem here is yesterday i downloaded my software in micrologix and works good but after i make autoconfiguration for my panelview with the same driver AB_DF-1 DH485, and unplugging pc from the panel view and replugging on micrologix,does't communicate and when i try for re autoconfiguration,starts giving me error "no response from the processor".

i try to deleate and add new driver you said. it shows me rs link service will not load, it needs a normal rs linx application.(does't understand this? could you help further to resolve this.