Hour:min timer dispaly on panelview micro 300 using micrologix 1200

Describe exactly what symptoms you're seeing. I don't see anything particularly wrong, but I don't have a PV300 handy. Or a MicroLogix for that matter. I'm using a 5/04 for testing and the few rungs in question seem to be working. I don't see where any minimum setpoint is being enforced. Is that something you want to add? If so, it can be done either in the PV300 or in the PLC.

Are you seeing weird things when the user changes the setpoint after it has timed past that? In other words, the preset is set to 60 minutes (3600s). It runs for 30 minutes (timer accumulator is 1800) and the operator changes the preset to 15 minutes.

By the way, I tinkered with the math registers and tweaked the calculation a little. It now uses S:13 and S:14 to hack a MOD instruction. Since I tested it in a different processor with different addresses, you should double-check the calculation to make sure it's working correctly for you.

hi friends,

i have micrologix 1200 plc with AIC converter
when i connect ML1200 PLC to PC
i am configure RSLinx (RS232-DF1) driver through AIC converter then it will display error like Package timeout
anybody help me, what is package timeout and what is the solution
p4u_mahesh:
You will get better results by making a new post for a new problem.

On the panelview it should show the xx:xx hr:min when the timer is working and it will continue until all will become 00:00. But the problem was the n7:20 on my code will always show on the panelview screen instead of zero. I use this tag on panelview nxx for hour: n7:20 for minutes using Text Editor on panelview to display the timer.

I think I see what's happening. When the preset = accumulator, the process of subtracting 0.5 from the float means we end up with a negative number, which we subtract from zero, which ends up adding to the time left instead of subtracting.

Try the rung 13 in the file I uploaded that uses the math registers, or modify the calculation to also do the floating point manipulation to the minutes remaining instead of just the hours.