Amateur hour...

RoyEng

Hello,

I have inherited an old machine with a PLC unit that needs to be reset after a batter replacement. I don't know what I'm doing! Here's what I do know:

1. I have the needed code in FPWIN GR, and it is for a PLC Type FP 1/FP-M 5.0K.
2. It's a closed system.
3. The program times out everytime I try to download it to the PLC.

I think that I need to try to replicate the code into FPWIN Pro7... the new version, and then try to download to the PLC. Does that sound right? Is there a way to simply open the existing code in FPWIN Pro7 instead of trying to rebuild?

Thank you for your help!

I just googled this and looks like it is a Panasonic PLC. I would take a look at the Panasonic site and see if their software has a free version. Download it and try to open your PLC program file. Try to find a user manual for the software on the Panasonic site

Oops I see you have already tried some of this. Ok I guess I would try to write make a simple dummy program and try to download to PLC. Try to see if the PLC will accept a download of a simple dummy program

How big is the file size and what OS are you using?
I think GR has a max size limit of 16kb on .fp files.
Have you tried using FP Loader?
The processor is in PROG mode?

Last edited:
Sounds like you have the code and it's the PLC that's the problem.

Personally, I'd replace the whole PLC with something that you're familiar with, have the software for and has active support. I've done this a few times, most recently because I couldn't get software for a Toshiba EX-100 but had a paper copy of the program.