Micro series - ASCII

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
We couldn’t find anything specific, so am starting a new thread.

I’m trying to migrate a config from a ML1400 to a micro820 & am experiencing some difficulty.
The test environment is ML1400->m820 & also serial emulator on the same 485 line.
Both the 1400 & emulator read the same data, but the micro does not .

We have done the exact same code, in that every alternate scan check for characters in the buffer via ACB.
This is alway giving a result of 1, even though there has been nothing sent.
-> This is issue #1

When there is >1 character read, execute the ARD using characters received as the count (this is different to the ML1400, but changed to make work on test environment)
-> what the issue is here, is the data received in the byte array is not making sense or reflecting what is being sent.
The expectation was that the data in each element would be the hex equivalent of the data sent, but is appearing that not the case.

The other issue is that the data is being received into the second element instead of the first .
This sort of makes sense when there is already 1x character in the buffer.

Using the ACL does not seem to clear the buffer back to 0 either .

Will post the project when back, but wanted to at least get something started on the hope that someone has come across this already