Micro810 12QWB

akahle3

Hi,

I am currently using a micro810 12qwb to turn on a relay. The relay is to control a motor. My question is how to wire the output of the plc to the relay.

Thanks

Hi

with a screw driver " sorry could not resist it"

Wire from the output to A1 of the relay and then o volt to A2.
Now that is of course if its a 24 relay,
that you are switching 24 on the output,
that it does not need to be part of a safety circuit

etc

Your question is very open ended so more detail means a better answer.

Donnchadh

Thanks

Its a 24 VDC relay and I am confused with the output of the PLC because it is labled CM0 and 0-00. What would both of those indicate. This is a school project and I have never used this PLC before. Right now I have a power supply connected to the + and - of the PLC and I believe the ouput power is connected internally. From 0-00 I have wired it to A1 of the relay and A2 to a terminal.

The motor is a 12VDC and the relay is connected to a variable supply to adjust the voltage from 6 to 12 volts to turn the motor.

The W in the "12QWB" part number means that the outputs are ordinary normally-open relay contacts.

The supply power for the outputs is not connected internally.

All the relay outputs on this controller are individually wired and separate. You could use a different voltage on each relay output if you wished.

In your case you should connect +24V DC to the "CM0" terminal.

Here's an I/O wiring diagram of the 12QWB for your application. Note the Output commons can be all looped at the CM terminals to make all the Outputs switch the same voltage. If you need to switch separate voltages, as Ken pointed out, you would use different voltages at each common terminal.

The Inputs are special in that you can choose sink or source wiring for the first four inputs, but must use sink wiring for the last four Inputs. To choose sink or source for the first four, wire either a +24VDC on the COM0 for source wiring, or -24VDC on the COM0 terminal for sink wiring. Sink wiring being the more commonly used for Inputs.

G.

2080-LC10-12QWB.PNG