Micro820 CCW Tag Retention

PLC Pie Guy

Morning All.

First off, I want to say thanks to the folks that helped me get this project going. The first one with CCW and Micro800 line. It was a head scratcher for sure. Iv pretty much got it covered now but I do have a question about my tag values not remaining through a power cycle or download.
I have many values defined in tags that are LINT, BOOL, and UINT that do not seem to keep values. Everything gets reset to 0.
Something simple I must be missing here.

One other question, does the developer edition allow online editing? I don't have it yet but I should in the next few hours. Disconnecting and doing the build/download reminds me of working with an old micrologix. Since this is my first project you can imagine how many times I have had to build and download. ughh.

Thanks

Hey all again.
So , I have the values retaining by checking the box that says "Retained". I kind of remember this sort of thing from TIA Portal way back when.

This being the case, I am faced with another challenge. I will have on my HMI screen, value input fields. I want these values to be saved when the HMI button "save" is pressed. At that time I will MOV or COP (haven't got that far yet) my HMI displayed values to the appropriate tags within the PLC. What I am questioning is how to save these values to the tags. Would I want to have these tags "retained" boxes checked or not before I build my project? If I click the retained box with a random value in the tag will it retain the new value entered on the HMI or the "initial" value of 0?

FYI: I am now running the developer edition of CCW V9.01.

Apologies for so many questions today but this has been an interesting week with many head scratchers to work out.

Thank you