Micro850 Explicit Message to a Devicenet node through 2080-DENET20

sebastianp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
Did anyone succeed to send an explicit message to a Devicenet node?
The official UDFB RA_DNET_EXPLICIT is not compiling.
According to 2080-rn002_-en-e.pdf : "CIP generic messaging from
the controller to the DeviceNet network replaces the existing RA_DNET_EXPLICIT UDFB"

In this manual 2080-um004_-en-e.pdf we have information as "Using MSG_CIPGENERIC starting from Micro850, the Slave device cannot be accessed because the MSG_CIPGENERIC target path configuration is limited to a single hop".
So it could be done or not?

Thanks all.

Support said that UDFB RA_DNET_EXPLICIT will compile using Rev1 in configuration for 2080-DNET20. Tested and worked.

Now remain to crack MSG_CIPGENERIC, but my will is getting weaker as I feel that CCW is a step shy from nightmare. If I will get my hands on a working example I will test it.