Micro850 Generating Barcode to PV800

zuodao1991

Hi! First time posting here. New to AB PLC family and working on this new project. Using Micro850 PLC and PV800 HMI and CCW.

The project is to use a scanner to scan the product barcode, store the barcode information into the PLC, and then send the barcode data as well as a PLC tag data from PLC to a remote server.

Hitting a roadblock when my IT guy refuses to do a SOCKET connection and it had to be done through HTTP. As far as I know, Micro850 PLC doesn't support HTTP protocol.....or maybe it does?

Alternatively, if possible, the PLC can generate a barcode onto the HMI to scan with a phone scanner. Then the operator can scan both the product barcode and the tag barcode and then send the barcode data to the server using the HTTP protocol. My IT guy already has the phone app to send data to his server. This would be the easier approach.

Does the Micro850 or the PV800 support such applications?

Big thanks to everyone! Love this forum and got a lot of my questions solved here by looking at other ppl's posts. Very helpful!