Micro850 messaging to Micro850 over 3G WAN

OzJuJu

Hi Team,
I have installed 3 AB Micro 850 PLCs connected over a WAN via Digi WR11XT Modems, The modems are setup with port forwarding to the PLC's and I can see the remote processors on RS Linx via the Ethernet Driver when I put the modem IP address in. (I cant directly put the IP address of the PLC in). Once I plug my PC into the switch on one location I can get online, download and upload the other PLC's over the network. I can't however get the PLC messages to work using the CIPSymbolic message. The message faults saying it cant find the target path. I seem to be having trouble working out what ports to to use to get the message out of the first PLC. I am using the following target path string
'4,192.168.0.18,4,[10.1.8.31]' where I think that the local port is 4, then the IP of the remote modem (1st Hop), then the incoming port of the 2nd hop (PLC) and finally the PLC IP Address. Where am I going wrong?
Craig

We do this same setup using the "Multitech Cellular Modem". However, I don't think your configuration will work!!

We do this by setting up a VPN Tunnel between the modems, this creates a bridge between the 3 different networks, once your tunnel is working correctly then each of the devices should be able to communicate with each other without any problems.

CIPSymbolic messaging is designed to communicated on a LOCAL network (Not different subnets)