Micrologix 1000/RSLogix 500

Hello all,
I am trying to write a auto/manual mode programe for this machine control. I can get the outputs to turn on when i am in manual mode but nothing happens in auto. Do i need to use separate outputs in manual than auto to turn on the same motor??
Please help, i am really confused. I have programed some basic stuff but its my first time for something like this.
Thanks for help!!

The outputs will turn the motor on, when the output is on in the program. Your programming will be what turns the output on. Dependant upon how you have programmed it, the output will turn on, for Auto and Manual.

The best thing to do would be to post what you have program wise, so far, to assist us in helping you.

do you want the motor to come on in man and be turned on in auto by some machine fuction? like a pressure switch or contact from the machine? can you give more info? or example of what you have allready?

You haven't given us much to go on, but my first guess is that you have written a program that look something like this:

Manual Condition Output
--] [------] [-----------( )-

Different
Auto Condition Output
--] [------] [-----------( )-

Is that the case?

ok this is what i got

][I/1--][I/2--]/[I/3-------------()m1

]/[I/1--- ][I/5 ----------- ()m1

Ok so i got I/1 is my auto manual which is No. I/2 and I/3 are the PE and Prox . and I/5 is a PB. So when i put it in manual mode and turn I/5 on the output will come on.
If i put it on auto nothing happens even when i got I/2 in true condition.

Thank you very much for your replies. I believe i got it. That was really helpful. Sorry i am just new to all this.

Now i got another problem. i am not getting the output to the fault light when a motor trips.
I got the input as NC contacts. is that right?

is the fault light coming on when the motor is not triped n/c or n/o it should come on in one condution or the other if you have only one input and one output on the rung. mabey wrong input or output address it realy helps to see an example

No i actually got e stop and o/l on same rung and have the output turned on by either input...
]/[------|-----------()fault light
|
]/[------|

Do i need to use them NO?

ol fault
---]/[---I---( )
estop
---]/[---I should work check wiring and post back