Micrologix 1100 1763 analog input

onesparky

Hello to All

just got hold of a micrologix 1100 1763 unit and i want to use 0-10volt input, for level control, 0 mt and 10 full, when full turn on a pump till mt then turn off. which input to use and do i need to scale? Or how would you recommend it be done?

Thanks

If using the build-in analog inputs on the base unit then the addresses are I:0.4 and I:0.5.
I would scale the raw data to engineering units something humans can understand. Then use compare type instructions (equal, less then, greater then) to take any action desired.
I would be careful trying to do something at zero/full scale though. Most transmitters do not have perfect zeros/full scale. ( a little high or a little low). Your system may vary.

Last edited:
Thanks to ALL

Thanks for your input I didn't think about the grtr and lstn but it make s sense :)

l8tr