Micrologix 1100 LCD programming

bobwithdana

I have a program that has 2 LCD Displays as follows. The first display does not use the User input function. It displays level and temp etc.

In the Ladder when an input is true I scan a different subroutine that builds the second display which does use the user input function. In that screen the user can input a number and press the OK button on the front of the PLC. If the number entered causes the display to enter data in the fields etc.

To get out of that screen and back to the normal screen the user enters a number and presses enter For example the user enters a 10. as soon as the user presses the OK button N7:0 gets a 10. Then the logic says equal to 10 JSR to the subroutine that builds first screen. All works fine except.

When I use another method to move a 10 into N7:0 the integer becomes a 10, The logic JSR's to the subroutine to build the first screen but the screen never changes. If you change the number on the screen to a 10 and press OK it changes but I cant see in the logic how it can be different.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I can change to many different screens that do not use the user input function by jumping to different subroutines but I can never seem to change a LCD screen that has user input unless I use the OK button on the front of th PLC.

Clear as Mudd?

Thanks bob

Bob,

It seems to me that your Micrologix 1100 program is putting the Instruction to Change Screens, and the Enter User Input, both into the same place, when they are separate things.

You need to find a way to put the different numbers (for different functions) into different PLC memory locations.