MicroLogix 1100 - MSG Error Code 17 (Local Service is not supported)

andrewpj

Dear all,

I am testing MicroLogix 1100 to read from SLC.
In SLC there are 10 tags (starting from N51:20) that I need to read in MicroLogix.
So, I use MSG instruction in MicroLogix program, but after adding this, I got error in this MSG.
Please advise some solution. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Andrew

MSG Error 17.jpg

Are the MicroLogix and SLC-500 both configured for DF1 Full Duplex protocol ?

If so, the target node ID is usually 1, not 9.

Please describe the physical connection between the controllers and the network configuration of each controller's serial port.

Dear Ken,

The communication is using ethernet.
I have just read about this and change the configuration of Channel into (1 integral).
After that, I declare IP address of SLC in MultiHop tab, and the error is gone.

Currently I only have the MicroLogix 1100, is it possible to simulate SLC PLC in PC?
I want to make sure the data are passed from SLC to MicroLogix.
Please advise. Thank you.

Best regards,
Andrew

MSG No errors.jpg

To test communication between controllers, you need to have both controllers present.

While some emulation of SLC-500 controllers can be done with RSEmulate 500 software, only Channel 0 serial communications is supported. Channel 1 Ethernet communications is not emulated by RSEmulate 500.

I've never tried this, but it may be possible to test a MSG with only one PLC over CH1 if you set the IP address for the target device to the IP address of the PLC you're initiating the MSG from. Why not give it a try? Of course, you'll have to set up a "dummy" data table to read from. If it works, just change the IP address and data table address of the target device when you connect to the other PLC