Micrologix 1100 RTC Minute stuck?!

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
This is a weird one. I vaguely remember reading something here about a firmware issue but I can't find the post.

I'm looking at this tiny program on 1100 and watching the RTC counts up in seconds but the minute never rolls over. Yes, the clock is enabled. I cycled the power and also went from RUN to PROG and back again but the minute is still stuck. The weird thing is that it works before.

Yes, I triple checked and there is no logic setting the clock and it's a very small program. Does anyone know of an existing issue with the RTC on Micrologix.

Sorry for the not checking the thread and thanks for the response.

While the threads you linked have some similarities to my issue, none of them are exactly the same. For one, I'm not attempting to set the clock, just watching it run and the Second works. The only relevant thread is the grounding issue which I can not rule it out. I honestly think there is a bug in the 1100.