Micrologix 1400 ethernet communication with 7 Segment Display

Your 7 segment display would have to have an Ethernet port and IP address, then have the ML send a message containing the value to display to that IP.

What kind of interface does your 7-segment display have ?

If it's discrete, then you typically will need 4 outputs per digit, as the 7-segment display will have a BCD to 7-segment decoder chip inside. That's a lot of outputs to use to drive a display.

If it uses Modbus RTU (serial) or Modbus TCP (Ethernet) that will probably be easier.

Many "7 segment displays" are actually panel meters, with an analog input.

Describe as much as you can about how the 7-segment display you want to use works.

Similar Topics

I have a Micrologix 1400 to which Ive assigned a specific IP address. Now when I am trying to configure it in Rslinx, i cannot find it under...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm looking for some insight on data usage for Allen bradley IP messages. I have a setup of 4 total Micrologix 1400s. One is the master...
Replies
Views
I have 5 systems that include a ControlLogix PLC and a Micrologix 1400 PLC. I need to connect these two via ethernet. I want to have two inputs on...
Replies
Views
No switch/router. Just a direct connection. I did this successfully a few month ago, but I can't seem to remember how I did it. The steps I took...
Replies
Views
Thanks in advance ,i just want to use Flex I/O 1794-AENT with micrologix 1400 , Is this possible ?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom