Micrologix 1500 analog input program

smsp

Hi there,
I am in the process of converting Nais PLC to AB Micrologic 1500 by writing a new ladder from old program (Nais PLC)using SLC500 ladder editor.In the program 3 analog input is required and i am using 1769-IF4 analog card to receive the signal.The question is how i am going to write a ladder to retreive the signal and manipulate it.I am intend to use BTW and BTR but it is not availabale .I Hope PLC expert out there can give some idea or help on this matter.

Thank You.

How do you want to manipulate them? Use the SCP to put them in the units you want.

You have added the module to your I/O Configuration

Why are you using BTW and BTR? In 500, ML1500, you direct address the I/O that is plugged in the rack.
Your I/O will show up as I:1/0...etc (if the card was placed in the first expansion slot).
DO NO USE Block transfers!!!!

Heres a typical setup( note this for 1769-IF8 but the four channel is the same just 4 less channels)

AnalogSetup.jpg

ScaledInput1.jpg

Thank you for your reply and help Mickey,SNK,TWControls.
Reason i thinking to use BTW or BTR because before this i saw a ladder diagram in PLC5 that using block transfer to get analog signal.By the way since using SCL will get the analog signal it is o.k for me and it is a new thing for me.
Thanks again to all for your comment ,help and guidance especially to mickey for show me the example for analog card setup.

Thank You.

smsp said:
Thank you for your reply and help Mickey,SNK,TWControls.
Reason i thinking to use BTW or BTR because before this i saw a ladder diagram in PLC5 that using block transfer to get analog signal.By the way since using SCL will get the analog signal it is o.k for me and it is a new thing for me.
Thanks again to all for your comment ,help and guidance especially to mickey for show me the example for analog card setup.

Thank You.

PLC5's are based on an older platform than the SLC/MicroLogix platform. They used BTR/BTW's in order to transfer large blocks of data over the backplane, which was basically designed to handle a single word at a time. Later processors have more intelligence, as do the modules that attach to them.

SLC's and Micros can handle the extended data natively, without having to be programmed to poll an extended block of data from a module. SLC's do need help though when polling analog data from modules located in racks on an RIO network though.