Micromaster VSD and Profibus

shahmirous

Hi to everyone,
I am trying to control a Micromaster 440 by a S7-300 PLC.
I read some documentation about the Micomasters and tried to setup my hardware in a PPO1 mode.
When I was inserting object to set the mode (PPO1) there were two menus comming up SIMOVERT and DP V0 SLAVE which both have PPO1 in their sub popup menus??? can some body tell me what is the difference?
When I finished my hardware configuration it appeared with two slots??? 4AX and 2AX which have different addresses in them , what are these addresses? which one is PKW and which one is PZD???? this is how it looks :
slot 1:
4AX PPO1:4KW 2PZD inputs:657...664 outputs:553...560

Slot 2:
2AX
PPO1:4KW 2PZD inputs:653...656 outputs:549...552

And Finally can just somebody tell me which one of the above addresses are control words and status words and how I can send and recieve these to and from the VSD?is there any documentation that helps?or a simple sample program with description?

thanks alot
Shahmir:geek:

Hello shahmir;

Before we start, one question: why did you select PPO1 for DP exchanges with the MM440? You seem to have little information on the telegram structure that it imposes and the uses it can be set up for. Why not PPO3, PPO5, etc...

Briefly, have a look at the attached illustration, it shows the design of the 5 PPOx types allowed in Profibus-DP exchanges with drives (mostly Siemens').
PPOx_1.jpg

PPO1 gives you 2 blocks of 4 words; the first, designated PKZ, is the parameter zone, used to read/and write parameter values on the drive. This zone requires acyclic Profibus communications, using SFC14/15. The second, named PZD (process data) contains the Control Word (digital start/stop...), the Status Word (speed reference) and 2 status values you can program on the drive for your application (drive current and torque, for example).

The simplest type ofd control is through PPO3: no PKZ, simply the control and status words.

If you have selected PPO1 with the addresses shown above, then to start the drive you have to show a pulse to the LSB of that word.

Basicaly, you would:

- first Move hex(047E) to PQW549

- then Move hex(047F) to PQW549 (yes, same address: that way the LSB goes from 0 to 1);

- to stop the drive, Move hex(047E) to PQW549 (again)

To control the speed of the drive, Move hex(4000)to PQW 551; this will make the motor turn at the maximum sopeed parametrized in the drive (say 60 Hz); Move hex(2000) for 50%, hex(1000) for 25%, etc...

Study the Control word bits to find out what bit patterns will give you counterclockwise rotation, jogging...

To read the status of you command and control words, look at the values in the associated PIW653 and PIW655.

In any case, download and look at the following manual, it will give you more details:

http://www.allmar.send.pl/upload/files/micromaster/MM4_Profibus_en.pdf

Hope this helps,

Daniel Chartier

PS. By the way, I do not recommend your selection of addresses for the drive modules. Typically, it would be less confusing if all word and doubleword addresses in your program start at even addresses instead of odd. No strict rule there, but in my experience you will bypass much confusion of word boundaries in the program. Also, I would select the same starting address in Input and Output modules for the drive, say 652 for the start address of both the input and output of 2AX module. It makes it much easier to track what you are writing/reading from the Profibus.

Regards, DC

Thanks for your time Daniel ,
Can you please tell me in 047E which one is control word 1? 04 or 7E??
Also should I follow any order in sending control words and speed setpoints or I can just move them in any order to the specified addresses?
Also How do you set the bits in control word 2 which are specific to the model?
In the Above example if I want to read the Status of the drive I should read Input words 653 and 655 is this correct?

Thanks alot
Shahmir

Hello Shahmir;

In the programming world, a WORD is made up of 16 bits.
Each hexadecimal value uses 4 bits to represent a value.
So together 047F uses 16 bits, and is treated a a single word.

Unless you are using Drives ES or Starter to configure the drive, you have only access to Control word 1 and Status word 1. So you have to write your hex values 047E and 047F to Control Word 1 (PQW549 in your case).
You read you Status Word 1 from PIW653.
You write the speed reference (REF in my illustration pf PPOx types)to PQW551 and read the speed feedback (ACT) from PIW655.

P.S Would it not make more sense to write to PQW653 and read from PIW653 for Control/Status word 1? And write speed reference to PQW655 and read the speed feedback from PIW655? You do know that you are able to change the addresses provided by the HWConfig editor, as long as they do not conflict with existing addresses in the project, and you respect the limits for PIW/PQWs?

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thanks alot Daniel,
It was impossible for me to understand these without your precious help , thanks for answering my questions patiently.
Since this is my first experience with VSDs I may still come up with more questions:unsure:

yours Sincerely

Shahmir:beerchug:

Last edited: