Migrating from a 1336 to a Powerflex 700 on a PLC 5/60

DCom

I currently have a PLC 5/60 controlling a 1336 drive on remote i/ o and need to convert to a Powerflex 700. I have been told by a couple of people that all I have to do with the logic is just move down one word on the inputs and outputs. I haven't actually ever been involved on this type of migration. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You may need to adjust your logical racks and also depending on what data is being pass the powerflex series is 32 bit and the PLC 5 is 16 bit so you may have to do some works to convert these issues.Using the 20-Comm-RIO cards the data is in multiples of 1000 so your 30 HZ reference or feedback will be 30,000 for example.

The best way I have found to do it is with this http://www.prosoft-technology.com/P...-IP-to-Allen-Bradley-Remote-I-O-or-DH-Gateway

Is there any manual or website I could refer to on the issues with converting. Since the PLC 5 is 16 bit, I assume that I will need to use two words for input and output for controlling the 32 bit drive?

Another thing to consider is that by using a 20-COMM-R and using datalinks, you will need to use Block Transfer instead of IO addressing that the 1336 uses.

From memory the 20-COMM-R manual shows some programming examples.

Alan