mitsi q series ethernet qj71e71-100.

johnm22

hi all

regarding : mitsi q series ethernet qj71e71-100.

there's an old coax network at a client's chicken factory that's fallen over.

it used to play telephone operator sending and receiving data from the boss to the serfs, and this was done via 'mnet/h' as a control station in the boss plc, with associated user table of pigeon holes defined in 'network range assignment'.

poking around, I suspect that if we substitute the above ethernet module in the boss (and in each of the serfs) then we cannot do the telephone operator thing, and have to write a load of sread and swrite ladder logic...

please comment...

regards john, Cheshire

Hi John and welcome

That said your question is very confusing from the way im reading it, but can you just leave the mnet/h and add the Ethernet module ?

What happen to your PLC/process when it "fallen over" can you not use it anymore?

thanks G
the question is does the ether card support the same table feature as the old coax card, or do we have to write ladder to achieve our data send and receive ?
cheers j

thanks G
the question is does the ether card support the same table feature as the old coax card, or do we have to write ladder to achieve our data send and receive ?
cheers j

This is a guess, we will need someone to verify it but I think your first card it a fiber optic and the second one is ethernet... I would think the code would stay the same but the configuration would be different, I have use a few of the QJ71e71 and CC-Link cards but never mnet/h, so guessing I dont think there will be a lot of code that needs to be changed.... give me a few minutes to see if I can find the user manuals and see if they have examples in them

Hi G
There is no code assoc with the old coax card (which is to be trashed), just the data table mentioned above (which I would call an io scanner).
I suspect that the ethernet card, not ordered yet) does not support this function
cheers jm

hi all

regarding : mitsi q series ethernet qj71e71-100.

there's an old coax network at a client's chicken factory that's fallen over.

it used to play telephone operator sending and receiving data from the boss to the serfs, and this was done via 'mnet/h' as a control station in the boss plc, with associated user table of pigeon holes defined in 'network range assignment'.

poking around, I suspect that if we substitute the above ethernet module in the boss (and in each of the serfs) then we cannot do the telephone operator thing, and have to write a load of sread and swrite ladder logic...

please comment...

regards john, Cheshire

Hi John.

You are referring to a Melsec NET/H Connection which is normally a fiber loop, the older Melsec Net/10 was a coaxial cable.

From memory- the MELSEC NET protocol is a little more robust and is easier to send large packets of data between various controllers.

HOWEVER- the QJ71E71-100 does have the capability to read and write to other controllers- but it does not work the same way. The amount of data will depend on the communication method used and whatever Words/ Bits you send; will need to be fed to the input parameters.

What hardware are you using (CPU)?, what software are you using? what is the data size you wish to send/ receive between controllers?, is it just 2 controllers that this communication needs to be established with?

I have the FB's you will need- but "which one" totally depends on the requirements of your application

Regards

Daniel

Last edited:
Hi Daniel
Thanks
I know the ether card can read and write to other controllers - the question is can I set up a simple table or do I need to write a load of logic ?
Cheers J

Hi Daniel
Thanks
I know the ether card can read and write to other controllers - the question is can I set up a simple table or do I need to write a load of logic ?
Cheers J

Hi John.

Basically- it will not work in the same way (ie the Network Area Assignment Table). The "ports" have to be defined, opened and checked, then the data length is passed across.

If you are using a structured project, it is relatively simple as the Mitsubishi FB will handle the majority of this for you. If it is not a structured project then there will be a bit more work required.

Feel free to PM me your Project- and I can have a closer look for you and tell you exactly what is required.

Regards

Daniel.