Mitsubishi E900 iSSUES

steadly

Hi I`m new here i`m having some issues with a E900 terminal made by beijer . It is currently sat on firmware version 4.01 everytime i try to upgrade the firmware to the newest version Hmi tools says i cant because the screen is a e910t which it is not and it wont let me upgrade.
I have been informed that i need hmi tools version 1.1 but i can`t find a version that far back i only have version 2 and above. Is this information correct and if so does anyone have or know where to find hmi tools version 1.1 ??? i`m really stuck here guys can anyone help

Saw a thread on MrPLC that had the same problem, Beijer sent him a copy of the correct tools. Without the tools I do have a couple of things to try.

First instead of letting the software put the HMI into SysLoad, do it manually. Press Backspace and F1 at power up, it confirms that it is SysLoad because one of the green LEDs will flash. Then use Tools to attempt the download.

Next option will delete any program you have in the system.
Press Backspace and F22 as you power up the HMI, you will get to the secret menu. Clear Clock ram and delete the program, I can't remember the exact words but essentially you clear everything you can. Restart the system whilst pressing Backspace and F1 and try the download again.

I do have a copy of the Cimrex tools from way back but I don't know if it will work with the Mitsubishi version of the HMI. Tomorrow morning I will try it on an old E300 that I have hanging around.

Good luck

Bryan

Hi Bryan thanks for alll the help , mitsubishi got back in touch with me today and sent me hmi-tools vr 1.10 and it worked a treat . I`m going to keep this software on file just in case anyone else runs into the same problem.Many thanks for all of your help

now thats that screen sorted i just have the issue of turning the other one that i flashed with the 910 firmware back to a 900 . the hmi tools wont transfer to this unit because it is flashed wrongly and thinks it is a touchscreen now. Is there anyway of enabling system loader with a button configuration on the e910 screen as backspace an f1 are not doing anything??

Well.... You operate the switch on the side of the HMI, except that you haven't got that switch because it isn't a touch screen. Think it's time for another call to Mitsubishi. I realise that this may be a daft question, but if version 1.1 of the software doesn't check the HMI type then won't you be able to download any type you want to the E900 to retrieve it.

Bryan

theoretically hmi tools v1.1 should let me put what i want on the e900 , unfortunatley now this one thinks its a e910 it wont communicate with hmi tools it just sits there saying calibrate the screen. Because there is no way of manually getting it into syload mode i think it`s a spares or repair model now. \Doesn`t really matter as the screen on this second unit is covered in lines and the backlight is shot . I was just going to keep it for a test unit to work on my hmi programming. oh well at least i managed to fix the other one .
Many thanks again