Mitsubishi GT Designer passwords

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a customer that has a GT1575-VNBA and I think they are using GT Designer.

They have the software and program for both the HMI and the PLC (Q01) they also have the original programs for both, when they try and make a change in the HMI they get a pop-up for a password, is this password part of the HMI program? they are saying they can not find the password settings in GT designer software or is it in Works?

I told them to check the HMI software and since they have both and they can upload/download they should be able to find the password settings.

Any ideas?

Even with the original file I believe the password is encrypted so only shows up as stars there are a number of security levels for example it could be operator level (for giving access to screens/fields), however, for system i.e. data transfer as they call it you will need the password (never used this & have not got an HMI to try it on but I do not think it can be accessed). The one thing I do not know is if they have the original is it possible to reset the GOT then delete the access level on the file & download it, as I said I do not have an HMI to try it on.

Personally, I would get them to purchase a second unit, although a bit costly it will serve two purposes, 1 as a spare & then delete the transfer password, however, I have noticed that although this can be deleted it appears that other security like utility menu & screen passwords cannot you need to enter the original password.
One other possibilities are to open the project (assume it can be opened) open create another project (second instance) then copy & paste the fields from one to the new, a lengthy process but it may work. There is also something called utilise data I do not have time to see what that let's you do the manuals are Chinenglish so a little hard to understand