Mitsubishi GT Operator Interface - Locks Up

tspisak

I have two different Mitsubishi GT1155 operator interfaces that have locked up a few different times. The only remedy is to cycle power. Has anyone else had this problem?

Tip for anyone thinking about programming the display or a FX1 PLC thru the USB port on the display - make sure that you purchase Mitsubishi's USB cable. I had electrical noise from either the servos or VFD that would kill the USB communication when ever they turned on. Misubishi's cable (with ferrite chokes) fixed the problem.

seams that you have an answer to your own question.
there seam to be lot's of noise. if you can, try to
cure it at source (check your grounding, shielding, etc.).
if you can't (customers plant with lot's of equipment
you can't or shouldn't touch) you'll probably need
different solution.

we had same problem with PCs locking up any time an
application would try to open port that was connected
to cable running through noisy enviroment. some PCs
ware much more sensitive but none was imune to the problem.
new generation pcs ("green" or low power, ports integrated
into motherboards) are particularily sensitive compared to
some 5-10 year old pc.
We tried ferite cores as well (molded on cable or
snap-on versions which are sold as accessory for
communcation cables, vision etc.). They improved things but
didn't fix anything.
solution in our case was opto-isolation... that made
even the most sensitive units run absolutely rock stable.

at least this is what worked for us...

I suspect noise may be the problem for the display locking up too but the first time it locked up was on my bench with just a PLC, 24v power supply, and the HMI.