Mitsubishi HMI GOT1000 Displays

Just Wondering how easy or hard it is to use a GOT1000 with RsLinx and RSLogix500? I have ran across a couple units and would like to try to use them... Ive Looked Online and the manuals are very confusing.

Mitsubishi Model GT1685M-STBD

Cant figure out how to factory reset and the rs232 cables needed i did download GT Designer3... lol.... but cant see got because ip number different than my network so im guessing i have to go rs232

Thanks for any help

I am not aware that you can use RSLinx with the GOT it has it's own drivers so you create a new project select the driver for the PLC etc. Why do you want to reset the GOT, providing it is not password protected just create a new project & download it. One thing I did notice is that there is no driver for a 505 ethernet, not looked into it so not sure if you can encapsulate the 500 driver into Ethernet.

OK Thats Good to know do you know the pinout of the rs232 cable i can use because no matter what i try i cant see it on the network, well i can see it in my router but the ip number is 170.1.0.141 but if i try to test it threw the comms section it says no got found

232 is not Ethernet so how could you see it on your router ?.
Depending on the SLC500 model there could be DH485, DH+, 232 or Ethernet. the DH485 connector is a RJ45 type and can be confused with ethernet, however, if it is a 505 then it would have Ethernet & 232 if my memory serves me correct, And as I said earlier, it appears the GOT does not have the driver for ethernet as far as I could see. the GOT does not support SLC Ethernet. so depending on your SLC model you can only use 232 or 485. I may be wrong as I have never connected SLC to GOT but could not set up the interface for ethernet as there seems to be no selection.

Yes I Know 232 is not Ethernet, I have the Ethernet wire connected to my router and i can see mac address and ip number so i know its on the network... I just cant see it in the GT Designer 3 software, so i was going to try rs232 connection.. but i don't know the pin out for the cable or what cable to use... if i cycle the power with out doing anything the screen has some program in it but i cant do anything... if i hold red button on back and cycle power it says install OS... the main problem is i cant see it in GT Designer 3 if i could i could probably figure it out, it was hooked up to a AB compactlogix plc... is there a way to make a menu come up so i can change ip number?

Have you tried contacting the Mitsubishi rep? They may be able to assist. You could go the other way and contact AB. Pack a lunch waiting for their online assistance. Your local AB rep might be able to help if only because he smells a potential sale....

What about connecting via USB, I don't have a GOT screen available but I think that model has a USB port. It sounds from your description that the Boot OS is missing, if so this could be because of a power failure during download, I'm not sure if this will stop communication with GT Designer, but there may be an option to download the boot OS via an SD card.

If you open up communications in GT Designer then it should show a USB connection & a test button to check the communications before downloading.

Yea i seen test button and choices to test but is that to test a USB cable connection or USB stick? I don't have a cable that I know of, pretty sure its not as easy as going from laptop to USB, is it?
Thank you

It is to test the communications from GT Designer to the GOT for transfer, If it test out ok then you have the ability to communicate & send or receive the program. I'm not sure of the type of USB connection some have the standard one & some have a smaller type that are similar to a USB for a printer,
This is from the 2000 series so it must be type A

USB interface: host (USB-A)*1
Transfer project data or read the data
(logging data, etc.) to or from the GOT
using the USB memory.
A USB mouse, keyboard, barcode reader*2
or RFID reader*2 can also be connected.