Mitsubishi HMI GS2110 and serial barcode reader

asteroide

Hello Friends

I have a machine with a barcode reader connected through serial port to a GS2110 HMI and a FX3G CPU.

Where can I found the tag that is configured to receive the barcode?

o how is it configured?

I have searched in the HMI program but without sucess.

Thanks in advance.

Under Peripheral Unit Setting, there is Bar Code option. Input should be Text input box. There are diverse bits you need to control and watch in order to do it, and there is manual. You just need to open Bar Code option and to press F1 for help.

You have to to top menu select COMMON then PERIPHERAL SETTING there it shows the connection for a bar code reader If configured, There are fields called device, & no. of points so for example D100 & 20 points, in this example the "D" registers D100 to D119 will hold the ascii data from the PLC in your PLC program, however, there is a setting that allows direct data to an object, never looked at this so no idea what that means probably a display on the screen to show the bar code but only guessing.

Bar Code.png

Hello

I have looked what You said.

My program is configured to Read Data Direct Input to Object.

In the HMI, it has a Text Input Object with address D100.

When You select the Text Input, a keyboard appears, then you can type the code and push enter o read the barcode and it is captured in D100, so the program continues.

Thanks a lot.

Barcode_Config.jpg

There is a way to do it automatically, without pressing anything on GOT, but you need to control corresponding bits of the bac code reader.