Mitsubishi L series not recognize new installed module

timcph2008

Hello All,

I have an existing Mitsubishi L06CPU-06 PLC, and I am going to add a new serial communication card, LJ71C24, for modbus communication. Would like to have the L06CPU as modbus slave.

Here is my procedures:

1. Power off the PLC, installed the card.
2. Add LJ71C24 to "intelligent function module", confirm the I/O assignment in PLC parameter has the new card reserved.
3. Download new configuration to PLC, write only to the "parameter" and write to "intelligent function module" [Please refer to PLC1.png and PLC2.png]
4. Reset and Run PLC after write to PLC finished.

No complaints for the download. However, PLC warns me when I try to read from the PLC. PLC claim the LJ71C24 I try to read does not exist. [Refer to PLC3.png]

Weird thing is, in tool -> intelligent function module tool -> serial communication module -> circuit trace. This function does recognize the module and able to see Receive package coming in.

Does anyone has experience on this? I doubt if my parameter is downloaded to the card. I do not see parameter updates when I monitor the card.

Also anyone has experience on setting up as modbus slave/master?
I am stuck at setting up the predefined protocol as well...

PLC1.png PLC2.png PLC3.png