Mitsubishi Q series and serial Comms

StuartH

I am using a QJ71C24N serial comms card to communicate with a Proface HMI,
I am using the terminals on the card to connect to the HMI via RS485.
The settings on the Proface are fairly simple but Im not sure about the GX Developer side. Is there a utility in GX developer for testing this card?
Otherwise does anyone have an example project using this card?

Thanks,

If you had GX Configurator, there is a utility GX Configurator-SC for setting up serial cards.

And Proface has no information in their manuals on this connection? Wow.

There is a fairly good proface help file on this. Turns out I had the wrong pinout anyway. Still doesnt work with the correct pinout but apparently there is an adaptor which I have on order for signal strength. I will try that and see.

Currently I have added the card in parameters and set up the switch settings to match the proface parity stop bits etc.
Anything else I need to do on the Mitsi side?

wouldn't have thought so mate - Its all that required for Mitsi's own panels and i've connected a Redlion G3 on RS232 the same way (different switch settings)

Last edited:
As long as the card is configured on the rack and the software switches are set, nothing else should need to be done on the PLC side, as Proface should already know the protocol.